Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's hump day ALREADY????

Wasn't it just Wednesday last week? lol My, how the time is flying this year!
Well, I decided to start an exercise program. I have been putting it off and putting it off. The more I sat around with my hubby this past winter keeping him company, the more weight I began to pack on. I had to get out my Xlarge pants...uggghhh
Several weeks ago I sent my Richard Simmons album off to get recorded onto CD. I used to exercise with this album obsessively. Back in the day, it wasn't odd at all for me to be up at midnight getting in some more situps or leg lifts. Of course, I was only 25 then and anorexic too boot!
OH HOW THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED!! I am now 51 and definitely NOT anorexic :) So I decided to walk at least a mile on my treadmill and then exercise with Richard. I have been at it now for a week. I walk a mile in 21 and a half minutes at the rate of 2.8 mph, which is a pretty good clip. And have been exercising with Richard for another 30 something minutes. I have been feeling pretty great...until this morning...
I had nearly finished the warm up exercises and right at the end of the warm-ups, I pulled something in my back. I couldn't continue the exercises. I am hoping that the muscle rub (Flexall) and rest will help it to ease up a bit so that I can continue tomorrow.
I know a lot of people can't stand Richard Simmons and I don't care for any of his exercising programs except the very first album called 'Reach'...which is what I was doing when I pulled my whatever it is, in my back. Any other Richard Simmons likers, lovers out there???
Anyway, enough about the weight issue. I will not mention it again until I go down a pant size OR I can see my toes in the shower WITHOUT having to bend over..lol

4 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

I've never exercised to Richard. But I absolutely love my walking DVD's by Leslie Sansone. She has several out. I've got Walk Away the Pounds, Walk Away the Pounds for your Abs and my favorite, Walk and Kick. I lost 60 pounds a few years ago just by watching what I ate and doing her videos. Unfortunately I've put quite a bit back on, because of some problems with my knees and back, but am back exercising again and hoping to get it back off. Hope you're successful also.
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com

Unknown said...

oy Clay, take care of yourself. I use the gunthy renker videos and ball! Lost the most weight when I was doing it daily. I need to get back to my exercising since Ive put on about 20 pounds since I was upstate at school. Its pretty depressing...

Christie Cottage said...

Your last comment cracked me up! Good luck!

I think if you got some short striped shorts like Richard wears in the commercial, it would speed the proces along!

KayzKreationz said...

You've been awarded a blog award.
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com