Thursday, October 1, 2009

I've Been Hiding Out

I haven't posted for over a week now...did you miss me? ...I've been hiding out and giving myself some time to think...

I have spent alot of time writing for HandMade News these past months. I was so elated when I got the job writing. I figured I had found work I could do from home and still be here to take care of the hubster. (update on him, in a few) The trouble is, that it hasn't been a paying job....at all. Word has come down the pipeline that it will now be a non-paying job for the forseeable future. I have stopped sending out interviews now and will only submit til I run out of the ones I have in reserve.
As much as I love to promote other people, I need to be able to make $. So, I will be focusing my efforts on my shops and concentrating on getting them stocked for the holidays.

Now on to the hubster's health-We had a check up at the pulmonologist this week and his breathing is still the same-about 1/4 breathing capacity. It appears the heavy doses of Cytoxan have slowed the disease's progress; nothing new on the x-rays, and blood tests are ok so far . So, I have nothing new to report-he has good days and bad days...and I have found a whole new level of patience ;)


I've been slooooowly, but surely, getting my studio cleaned up. I promised my Guildmaster that I would do a studio walk through. So, I found a few things hiding this week that I had forgotten about. Here they are:








While cleaning, I have found some supplies that I had completely forgotten about, and also some extras that I want to destash. Look for those to be listed soon.
Our weather here took a turn towards winter for a few days and we had our first freeze last night. We covered our garden hoping to extend it's life til it warms back up. The tomatoes still froze even though wrapped and covered. The squash, zucchini, and peppers are still going. So we covered them again tonight as we prepare for the 2nd freeze. This is the first time we are attempting to do this. I'll let you know if it is successful.
Til next time, I'll be pickling peppers amongst other things :D

3 comments:

Sinclair said...

We have had 3 freezing nights so far, and the days have been in the 40's and 50's. I have been wearing winter hats, scarves, and sweaters already! We are still wrapping up the garden and hanging our tomato plants upside down in the greenhouse to let the green fruits continue to ripen. Glad to hear your hubs is hanging in there and has not worsened.

Jess said...

Hey clay,
Good Luck with your garden...I am trying to keep my lilac bush alive throught the fall and winter. Have you thought of setting up a little veggie stand by the road for a couple extra bucks?? Just an idea!
cant wait to get my magnets!!

Christie Cottage said...

Thanks for adding my link!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com