Well winter has not left here in our neck of the desert. It snowed on and off today, and never made it out of the 30's. It is nearly midnight as I write this, 18 outside, and the wind has not quit blowing all day. It sure put me in a melancholy mood, and I napped this afternoon trying to shake off the blues.
I wish I had better news on my husband's health, sadly I don't. The pulmonologist Dr. called a couple of days ago and told him the surgeon is not going to let him return to work. He also told him that all the damage that has been done in the last year is irrepairable, that the disease is terminal, and is very aggressively attacking his lungs. He ordered a new drug (Imuran) for my husband to try that will attack his immune system, and will leave him vulnerable to any germ or cootie out there. It is the only chance we have at slowing down the progress of the disease. He only started the new pills yesterday and I can already see a decline in his breathing, and he is now feverish. Tomorrow we are calling the Dr. to say the pills are making him worse.
Before he had the lung biopsy, I figured he would have to go on disablilty. Now I am wondering how much time he has left. I have begun checking stem cell research programs on line. But hubby wants me to wait to contact anyone, til after Tuesday's follow up appointment with the surgeon who did the lung biopsy. He wants to see what the surgeon has to say about the pathology report.
I guess I really don't have to say how scared out of my mind I am. I don't want to be a widow, nor am I ready for it. Watching a loved one suffocate and not being able to do anything for them is the most frightening thing I have ever gone through. Please, if anyone reading this can help, leave me a comment and how I can get back to you.