Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Premio Meme Award

My blog has been awarded the Premio Meme award by KayzKreationz. Kay makes wonderful stained glass creations. So be sure to check out her blog and her shop on Etsy. She makes some really unique and beautiful items. I am particularly fond of the mini pyramid beach sandscape.

And what does premio meme mean? I haven't a clue! I have searched everything I could think of, even asked jeeves, and the only thing I can come up with is, 'premio' means prize in spanish, portuguese,and italian. But 'meme' only matched in french and it meant same. So I am quite sure I haven't the proper translation. But I like prizes, so I'll stick with that part of the translation. Maybe someone out there can tell me.

To accept this award I have to share 7 things about me. Do I have that many things I haven't already blabbed about? Well, let's just see:

1.) I like it cold. We keep our house in the 60's. If you're cold, you can always throw on a sweater or a blanket. But if you're hot, naked is about as cool as you get without taking a cold shower. What am I doing in the middle of the desert?

2.) I had two children- my son, the oldest, died in a motorcycle accident 5 years ago when he was 28. Don't drink and drive is all I can say about that now. And my daughter is 32, married, and has made me a grandmother 4 times over. Wow am I ancient or what?

3.) I am an Aries with Leo rising and moon is Sagitarrius-what does that mean? I am a fire, fire, fire sign. I won't bore you with any horriblescope (horoscope) definitions. Fire,fire,fire should say enough :)

4.) I love, love, love the beach! I grew up in Southern Calif in Torrance, San Clemente (next door to President Nixon's Western Whitehouse), and Dana Point. If I sit in the sun here in the Utah desert, close my eyes, and concentrate I can still smell the ocean air. I get choked up thinking how much I miss the waves, the sand, the seagulls, the fog horns...well you get what I'm trying to say, huh?

5.) I am a carnation kinda gal. Don't give me roses; can't stand their perfumey-ness. I'll take a fresh smelling carnation any day of the week.

6.) Tacos are my absolute favorite food. I could eat tacos, breakfast, lunch, and dinner...and I have a done that on more than one occassion....yummmmmm

7.) And last but not least, I believe in fairy tales, the para normal, love at first sight, handsome princes, the power of positive thinking, and miracles. And if I left any out, I'll be back later to add to the list...

Do you feel like you know me any better? :)

Ok, now the rules are I have to pass this on to 7 more great bloggers I know. In no particular order, here they are:

1. MoeArt-funny lady!

2. NatureWithMe - go green in Oregon

3. SoulReader- for all you paranormal believers

4. AnotherBrightIdea-ever play blog charades?

5. Mouchois-follow the adventures of Melvin the kitty

6. JdFootloose- hi jd *waves* :)

7. CreativeCritters -she has some really great articles

Check out these blogs; I'm sure you'll find at least one more to follow. I varied them for different interests.

Happy Saturday everyone

3 comments:

Felicia Kramer said...

Thanks, Cindi! Hey, maybe the award is "I got the prize - me me!" LOL!
I'm working on the 7 things and will post this weekend. Thanks again!

Sinclair said...

Thanks! I think Felicia is right...I found the badge here at http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2009/07/premio-meme-award/, and it seems to say MeMe! and then at the bottom corner, it says 7 Cosas (7 things)...

Or, it could simply be a Prize "meme", (which is soon to be a Word Wednesday word on my blog) which just means an internet theme that spreads. http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2009/07/premio-meme-award/

either way, I thank you for the recognition.

Creative Critters said...

Thank you so much for the award! And I do feel like I know you a little better- LOL!