Thursday, June 4, 2009

Featuring ArtFire Shop - Creative Critters

I am slowly but surely getting to know the other members of the ArtFire Polymer Smoosher's Guild. I want to give you all a chance to see some of the member's ArtFire shops, and what better way than to start with Creative Critters ? Let's take a look into this shop and learn a bit more:
What is your favorite item in your shop? One of my favorite items right now is my Scorch the Rockin' Dragon sculpture.

I put a LOT of work into this sculpture, and I think he came out really cool!
And I agree with you. I know the work it takes to apply each scale individually to a dragon, and you are right to be proud of Scorch-he is Rockin!

What inspires you to create? Creating is in my blood. I've been creating things since I was a child. I find inspiration everywhere. I love the world of fantasy, and find inspiration in books, paintings, movies, even screen savers. Animals and nature are also very inspirational. I love all animals and really enjoy being outside, taking walks in the woods, etc. I'm the sort of person who HAS to create. If I don't have at least one project going, something is very wrong.

And do you have any inspirational advice for other artists? I guess my inspirational advice for others would be to just relax and take in everything around you. Sometimes if you try too hard to come up with an idea, you just get stuck. I usually come up with my best ideas, and solutions to problems when I just relax and let my mind wander. When I'm out walking around the neighborhood I take in all the flowers and trees, animals, kids playing, everything going on around me.

Do you create in more than 1 medium?
I create in several mediums. I knit stuffed animals, sew cloth dolls and plush World of Warcraft characters, and make jewelry with a variety of beads (including polymer clay). I enjoy variety in my artwork and I like to learn new crafts. You just never know what I'll come up with next!

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose? And why? It would have to be in a nice rural area with a good growing season. I love to garden, and I enjoy nature. I'd also like to live near water. When I was a teen I lived on a lake and discovered I love swimming and playing in the water. I don't have a specific place in mind, just somewhere a little warmer than NE Ohio, and much more rural (I live in the suburbs now).

What is your favorite animal? It would be a toss up between cats and ferrets, and both together are hilarious. Favorite food? I guess would be most any type of fruit- strawberries, bananas, peaches..., I love them all. Favorite color? Purple (just check out my studio!). I like most colors though, and enjoy playing with color in my artwork.

Do you have a favorite quote you'd like to share? "Just do it!" is a quote I often repeat to myself. That applies to so many things, from my workouts, to housework, to difficult creative projects.

CreativeCritters can be found in several other places on the internet

Thank you Michelle, for taking the time to do this interview and sharing all your talents with us. Please be sure to visit CreativeCritters on ArtFire and check out all her creative items.

3 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

Really nice interview. Love the dragon. Hadn't seen that shop before.
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
http://KayzKreationz.artfire.com

Christie Cottage said...

Love the dragon!

melissa said...

nice feature! LOVE the dragon!!!