Saturday, June 27, 2009

Featuring - MoeArt of ArtFire & Etsy

I should have been here sooner to post this, but I got side-tracked on Moe's blog. Who is Moe, you ask? Well she is the Moe of MoeArt, and if you've never visited her blog, you are missing out on a treat, and alot of laughs. I spent the better part of the day LOL at her adventures with Westinghouse products, her vaccuum cleaner, her cats, and just her way of looking at life. So today was not a total loss for me. I needed a break with a lot of laughs. And I didn't even mention all the polymer clay items she has presented on her blog. And have you looked in her shops? She has a shop on Etsy and a shop on ArtFire. Truly a talented lady!

I am happy to give you all the opportunity to get to know Moe. She recently joined the ArtFire Polymer Clay Smooshers, but said she has been on PCC (Polymer Clay Central) for years. I am so glad she has found our guild. She sounds like one happy go lucky lady. And who can blame her? She lives in Paradise after all. It's quite obvious that she loves her life and what she does:
What is your favorite item in your shop? Yikes! My dragon, I guess. I love dragons and have several even though there is only one listed. I can't decide what I like to make the best. It's all such fun! But there actually is another dragon listed in her ArtFire shop
What inspires you to create? Color. Anything with lots of color makes me think, "I can make this in clay!" Silks, sunsets, clothing, jewelry, gemstones, just about anything colorful.

Do you have any inspirational advice for other artists? Do what works for YOU! Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If you are inspired by steel mills or lambs in a meadow... go for it! Creativity is inside each individual. It is not dictated by something that's "popular" or trendy or from somebody else's mind. It belongs to you and you alone. So, go forth and make what works for YOU!

Do you create in more than one medium? I used to do painting on rocks and quilling and several other crafty things. I still quill once in a while but generally, clay is THE thing. I love it!
These earrings are GORGEOUS!!! I love, love love them. And also the monarch set. Beautiful job, Moe!
If you could live anywhere else in the world where would it be? and why? Hee. This is a no brainer for me. I live in Honolulu. Would you want to move? :D Okay, okay... maybe Maui. :D

Favorite food? Wine. That's a major food group, right?

Favorite Animal? Our two kitties. Allie and Ipo (that's "sweetheart" in Hawaiian) Ipo is THE most misnamed kitty in the world. Her *real* name is Destructo Kitty or BratCat of the Universe.

Favorite color? Orange! Burnt orange is my absolute favorite. Followed only by bronzes and golds and reds.
Do you have a favorite quote you'd like to share? Hmmmm, maybe not. But if I had to make one up it would be "Go for it!" Or "NEVER give up!' I guess that's pretty close to Winston Churchill, isn't it?
Sites where you can find moe
ArtFire Polymer Clay Smooshers Guild http://artfiresmooshers.ning.com/profile/MoeArt
This was fun. Mahalo and aloha! moe
Thank you Moe for taking the time to do this interview. Please be sure to visit MoeArt on Etsy and MoeArt on ArtFire . I know you will find beautiful polymer clay items there.

3 comments:

MoeArt said...

Thanks so much for featuring me and all your kind words! I appreciate it! :D
moe

Unknown said...

I have tried to contact someone on artfire.com but it appears I must pay 12.00 to ask anyone a question.
I want a vase, or any type of sculpture that is the color I need. I have spent over two hours going through every piece and type of art, but did not locate the color I want, in a vase shape. It is to be the central point that I decorate my room around, so the color I am looking for is much like turquoise, and the turquoise color can have other things on it, but that will not overpower the aqua/turquoise. I can give someone a piece of art that has the right color, but need to know who to contact. I tried from artfire, twice, and both times was instructed to pay 12 bucks!~
Can you help me?
I expect to pay for the art, but not to ask a question!~lol!~
hope4kidz@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Yea, Moe!